Monday 30 January 2012

Plans Printed

Well, I have the complete plans from Ken (designer of the Pollywog). Spent a little time at work this afternoon (I love foreign orders) printing and wire binding. 






The plans look all professional now, resplendent in their plastic covers. I've read and re-read the boat plans, and had a first pass at the sail plans. Hmmmm, plenty of scope for changes, and I think there may be a couple.


I'm still so excited by the thought of boat ownership again that I even broke the marine GPS to model with the manuals! Sadly, it wasn't the best photo. 


On the subject, I have a Magellan Meridian Marine which is a few years old now. Still works like a charm. However, when I went to Magellan site to get the software for it, I was informed that they can no longer support old models, and that I should send it to them, and they will give me a credit against a new model. No mention of dollars involved. Hmmmm, not very happy with Magellan. It's not like I'm asking them to keep developing for old models, but I see no reason to not have existing apps / drivers left on the website. Very poor in my eyes, and it will be the last Magellan product I ever purchase. Hear that, Magellan? You can get stuffed.


Still have much garage cleaning / organising to do, so I'm off to do that.

2 comments: